UPDATED September 29, 2019
Open to residents of Essex County, MA only.
Wicked Good Books is proud to support local authors through our consignment program. Local authors are residents of Essex County.
Consignment allows us to carry and feature a wider variety of self-published and print-on-demand titles than we could through traditional purchasing.
The consignment fee is $50.00 per title. This is meant to be fair to all authors: previously, those who had one book were paying the same per title as those who decide to publish a series. The fee covers the administrative costs and shelf-space costs.
Why Consign With Us?
♦ You’ll get prominent placement at the front of the store.
♦ Exposure to tens of thousands of visitors every year.
♦ Listing in our online web store - we reach and fulfill orders for customers worldwide.
Do not ship us books without an agreement. Any unsolicited books or any books not part of a consignment agreement shipped to us will not be returned.
Please make all consignment requests in writing using our downloadable form. Full details for our program are included in the Consignment Request Form. We are not able to accommodate walk-ins or telephone inquiries.
New to consignment? Here are some tips:
- Encourage everyone you know – your family, friends, and other contacts – to purchase your book(s) at Wicked Good Books during your consignment period.
- Contact local media and other outreach channels to announce that your book(s) are available for purchase at Wicked Good Books.
- Send out press releases, review copies, and other promotional materials to generate interest.
- Get involved with book clubs, libraries, and other organizations relevant to your book(s) subject matter. The greatest success comes from a wide array of author-coordinated outreach programs.
- Add our information to your website, social media accounts, and any promotional materials.